Books Bridge Hope
Books Bridge Hope is a registered 501(c) (3) organization providing educational programs and outreach to unsheltered (homeless) community members, and underserved children and youth populations.
Books Bridge Hope was founded by Lillie Leonardi in 2017 to promote reading, writing and literacy throughout the Greater Pittsburgh region. Lillie is a traditionally published author with Hay House, former law enforcement professional that served with the FBI as its community affairs coordinator, and 9/11 Responder.
In 2021, Books Bridge Hope collaborated with partnering organizations, to develop the “Box of Goodness” project. In partnership with the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police, Community Engagement Office, boxes of supplies are offered and distributed by police officers during routine patrol. A box contains: books, journals, writing supplies, non-perishable food items, gloves, hats, socks and toiletries. Boxes were also provided to partnering non-profit organizations to distribute to populations served. 200 boxes were distributed throughout the Greater Pittsburgh region.
- Alle-Kiski HOPE Center
- Barnes & Noble
- Center for Women's Entrepreneurship, Chatham College
- City Mission
- Color the World Violet
- Cribs for Kids
- INDIE Authors
- The Mentoring Partnership of SW PA
- Olde Towne Overhaul
- Pittsburgh Bureau of Police
- WQED Education
The “Box of Goodness” project continues with plans for expansion into underserved child and youth populations in 2022, as well as partnering with additional organizations to provide vital resources and develop new projects.Past collaborations include:
Pittsburgh Mercy Operation Safety Net: This initiative provided opportunities to distribute books, magazines and writing supplies via pop-up libraries at the Wellspring Drop-In Center (Pittsburgh, PA).
Holiday Stocking Drive: Students from the Riverview School District and Springdale School District donated 150 holiday stockings stuffed with basic necessities and goodies. The stockings were shared with two other non-profit organizations: Best of the Batch Foundation and Center of Life to distribute to our neighbors in need.
The Books Bridge Hope organization is directed by a stellar group of highly professional women.
- Lillie Leonardi, Executive Director, Founder, Author & Retired Law Enforcement
- Gina Masciola, Vice President, Managing Director, WQED Education
- Joyce Wilk, Secretary, Author & Retired Operations Manager
- Anne Flynn Schlicht, Treasurer, Director, Center of Women's Entrepreneurship, Chatham University
- Jada Powell Black, Master's Student, Psychology, Duquesne University
- Tiffany Kline-Costa, Sergeant, Pittsburgh Bureau of Police, Community Engagement Office
- Colleen Fedor, Executive Director, The Mentoring Partnership of SW PA
- Bridget Gaussa, Vice President of Program Development, Cribs for Kids
- Tara Jo Pomatto-Morasczyk, Lead Guidance Counselor, Riverview School District
- Diane Scabilloni, Mortgage Lender, First National Bank
- Cally Jamis Vennare, Founder & Principal, CJV Communications
- Lois Vitti, Attorney at Law, Vitti Law Group
Books Bridge Hope
PO Box 414
Oakmont, PA 15139
New and gently used paperback book donations are also welcomed on an on-going basis.
For book donations, please contact Lillie Leonardi at: firstname.lastname@example.org.